How to plan 2016
Life is all about changes, now and then we all need to change something in order to get better, more efficient results. The key is to be positive about changes, whether planned or sudden and to try to embrace them as much as you can. Try to change your environment at work or at home after having a deep thought about what you can actually do to improve your life, your mood, your well-being and your career.
- Start with the beginning: buy a diary or organise your diary on your phone. Sunrise Calendar app is our favourite for getting goal reminders ready in advance. Moleskine and Smythson have some great paper diaries in various skins with options to personalize.
- Stretch. Standing up for a quick stretch can relieve muscle tension and help you relax.
- Have a glass of wine or a shot of whiskey!
- Create a list and reflect upon things that went well in 2015 with regards family, personal, health, success / career and financial goals.
- Write down some new ideas – choose resolutions that you really want to achieve and can commit to.
- Ask yourself questions like “Does this resolution makes me happy? Does it motivate me?”
- Be realistic but at the same time see yourself from the future!
- Time frame: set deadlines for each goal, there is no point in writing them if you don’t give yourself a limit for which to turn them into reality. A year has 12 months, it is very easy to postpone things to the next week, next month, but once the year has passed you’ve missed out on golden opportunities!
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius. The key is to put into positivity into practice your thoughts and beliefs, do not embrace other people’s goals, thoughts, dichotomies etc. Your happiness depends only on you, not on others, so write your goals according to YOUR priorities, & most importantly, make the most of 2016!
- Remember your resolutions and be proactive.
Happy New Year!
Photos: Jake Armstrong
Words: Cleide Cardoso, Mariana Vaz
Tuxedo: La Perla, Shirt: Lanvin, Bowtie: Dsquared2