Tokyo is a place like no other, a city where the east meets the west in a very unique and spectacular way. From traditional Japanese culture, to minimalist modern architecture and from real-life cartoon characters to the eclectic and delicious selection of restaurants, Tokyo is one of the top 10 destinations of a lifetime. As if it is in a world of its own, this city is in constant flux !
Heres’ my top ten!
- Enjoy the best chicken katsu, the go to dish of Japan, at Torikatsu Chicken Shibuya
- Taste a traditional Japanese barbecue at Yakitori no meimon akiyoshi – you will not regret it!
- For a modern western brunch visit the Garden House Crafts, be certain that the Japanese element will still be strong!
- Coffee culture is strong and bustling – Pause here for the best concept coffee in town at Koffee Maneya
- Indulge in a sweet treat at Bake Cheese Tart bakery situated in Shinjuku
- Go on an evening walk around Shinjuku area – from the Shinjuku Gyoen with its endless green, a staple of Japanese landscape, to the bustling built landscape of the Hanazono Shrine or its skyscrapers
- Visit MORI Tokyo’s digital art museum – in ways only Tokyo could deliver!
- For luxury shopping pass by the Ginza district
- For more affordable and vintage shopping, without any discounts on fascinating and interesting pieces, go to the Shimokitazawa area
- in typical Tokyo fashion, a wealth of concept stores in the Omotesando area are waiting to be explored!