Sponsored by InterContinental Davos
I don’t think I could have had a better first time try at Skiing. The InterContinental Davos, a 2013 hotel built on the brink of the Davos Klosters, has the ability to embed you in the white fluffy hillside landscape, preparing you fully for your skiing journey! All the appropriate conditions are waiting to be enjoyed! Comfort, luxury and adventure at a moments notice!
Why choose InterContinental Davos?
1. You can forget the seasonal restrictions here! Do you want to use the sauna while on a white snowy mountain? Do it. Indoor and outdoor swimming? Do it!
2. Try one of the many restaurants available on the grounds. From Capricorn, to Al Pino or Studio Grigio. My favorite though? Comfort is key here ! Try Nuts and Co. Bar and Restaurant for laid back comfort food without any of the restrictions on luxury. After dinner drinks are a must.
3. Following your drinks, stumble up to your room, preferably your Suite and enjoy the clear starlit sky from your balcony. Priceless.
4. You could get here with an amazing train journey with the Glacier Express from Matterhorn to Davos. I love train journeys and it builds so much more anticipation for the arrival at the Davos Klosters.
5. I arrived here to try out skiing for the first time. This was done under the best conditions! The support was amazing – InterContinental Davos arranged a skiing coach for me and I discovered my new talent!
6. After an intense exercise session trying to learn how to ski, how could I not stumble down to the Spa and then back to my room to enjoy my luxurious room?
7. If you are interested in more sports, the annual Swiss Alpine Marathon or the Spengler Cup are held here!
8. The hotel titled as the “Golden Egg” is built with 691 unique laser cut panels by Oikios Architekten – it truly is a marvel.
9. The cinema theatre really was a game changer for me ! It really elevates the comfort zone elements. I could hang around this hotel for days on end, who would want to leave?
10. Last but not least, the view! The Davos Klosters in all its glory!
For bookings visit : https://davos.intercontinental.com/en/