#BetterTogether in Geneva. Here is your guide!
An international city, through and through, Geneva has formed and been formed by Europe and its culture, but also more recently, by providing a home for countless international organizations. For a non-stop traveller like myself, it was the perfect place to get back together with some of the people I miss the most. Re-gather, re-join, reconnect and renew bonds with some very special explorative activities.With my beloved friend from AndriaDose, we ventured out into this global city, and surrounded by the Jura, Vuache and Saleve mountains, we explored! For two days we found crevices of surprises, big and small! Despite its size(6.15 square miles) and a population of less than 200,000 , Geneva is a city like no other.
Here’s 10 ways to get your Geneva adventure started:
1. Stay at Hôtel Le Richemond which has been a destination for international travellers since 1875, with a clientele that includes Charlie Chaplin, Louis Armstrong, Sophie Loren, Rita Hayworth and Marc Chagall. Spaces with such history are indescribable.
2. Walk through the Bastion Park and play Giant Outdoor Chess!
3. Rest for a picture on Lake Geneva alongside the magnificent Jet D’eau, which boasts 127 years old
4. Capture the 360 degrees view from the Cathedral, and if you’re not planning on hiking up Mont Blanc, a picture with it in the background here will do!
5. Lunch with spectacular views at La Potinière
6. Wonder around the Old Town – the largest historic centre in Switzerland. Here is where you will find Geneva’s history, culinary, architectural or otherwise!
7. Become a watchmaker at Initium in the heart of Geneva by meeting an authentic watchmaker and become initiated in the art and science of watchmaking – becoming an expert is no easy feat I promise you!
8. Take a Gourmet Cruise of the Geneva Lake with The Chef’s Table, which features refined dishes of beef and lobster
9. Our workshop at Chocolaterie Stettler proved to me the complex layers our favorite dessert – Chocolate will never taste the same!
10. Sit back and enjoy a signature cocktail and dinner at Rooftop 42 that offers some of the best views in town
11. Discover the mountains of Geneva, the Saleve, Jura and Vuache – try paragliding, climbing, mountain biking, trekking, or crosscountry skiing in winter – apres-ski drinks are a must, whether its hot chocolate or a whisky!
12. Lunch on the top of Mont Salève – Le Panoramique Salève Restaurant. No need to bring your hiking gear!
Photos: George Maguire