Best Anniversary Gift for Him
Celebrating an anniversary, is simultaneously, celebrating the past, what it has given you, taught you, and celebrating the future. The prospect. You savour anniversaries, for the beauty of more. Birthdays are no different. They are a time to rejoice in what you have achieved, or what you hope to achieve. That is why they are the median line between the past and the future. It is a moment of reflection, a present basking in the glory of the past and the future. IWC Schaffhausen, founded by an American watchmaker from Boston in 1868, has taken its 150th anniversary, celebrated this year, and manifested it into an outstanding limited edition collection that combinesstorytelling, new technical milestones and beautiful design. 150 years of expert watchmaking…in the making.
What makes it so outstanding? 28 limited-edition models from the Portugieser, Portofino, Pilot’s Watches and Da Vinci collections, launched as part of this anniversary. Additionally, the Tribute to the Pallweber – the first-ever IWC wristwatch to feature, as it was in 1884, on the Pallweber pocketwatch, the original digital hours and minute display. The collection has the Jubilee insignia ‘150 Years’, either as a medallion or as an engraving, as well as a choice of either white or blue lacquered designs, and blue hands, inspired by the first Portugieser models from 1939. Balancing perfectly between the past, and looking to the future.
Where can you see and reserve this extremely limited edition range before it launches in April? By exclusive preview currently at the IWC London Boutique at 138 New Bond Street W1S 2TJ
6 reasons why a watch is the perfect anniversary gift
- A time-piece, is a forever gift
- It acknowledges the hard work the other person has put in, maybe even as a gift to yourself, for your hard work
- It will act as a daily reminder of your dedication and love
- In this constantly mobile world, it is a reminder of order
- As a halfway between functionality, luxury and aestheticism
- The gift of time, and with it, the wish to savour it, and use it wisely.Photos: @julian.ambrose